Sunday, February 14, 2010

Japanese Magnolia

FEB 14th 11:11AM - Generic Brand Film, ISO 400, Shutter Speed: 1.5 seconds

Redeeming qualities can come in all shapes & sizes…

Today’s weather was remarkable! Nature gave us a preview of Spring and even though I know Santa Cruz still has a few speckled days of rain left, I was grateful for the blue sky, the warm breeze, and the brilliant sun. It seems that the Japanese Magnolias are also starting to anticipate the end of Winter.

As many problems as the Pinhole Camera may present, I really love how I can take it just about anywhere! It allows me access to shots I wouldn’t normally be able to achieve with a typical camera. For this picture, I propped it on a flimsy branch extremely close to the blossom. It may be a pain, but its portability definitely makes up for it…sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment