Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Succulent Plant


FEB 2nd 1:24PM - Kodak Color Film, ISO 200, Shutter Speed: 7 seconds

Usually, the things you take for granted are what you miss the most…

I’ve had this plant longer than I’ve owned most of my things. Just when I think it’s on its last leg, it surprises me by sprouting. I noticed it in my patio this morning and it made me smile; like I had just seen an old friend. It seems like such a silly reaction to have regarding a plant, but in a lot of ways it’s a subtle part of my personal history. As unnoticed as it has been over the years, it’s been with me through a lot of changes, crashes, milestones, celebrations, etc. I have a feeling that if it ever does die out, I would be pretty mournful.

*** NOTE: I'm regretful to announce that after the next roll, I will be retiring the Pinhole Camera. It's been a couple of months now and I still can't maximize the output of a roll of film. I feel like I've tried everything and I simply can't waste the money. This does NOT however mean that I am giving up on my project entirely! I'm going to be moving on to the Nikon FM (my baby), which will hopefully yield more quality images...

No comments:

Post a Comment