Wednesday, January 6, 2010

East Cliff Lighthouse



JAN 5th 3:57pm - Kodak Color Film, ISO 200, Shutter Speed: 2 seconds


Accepting the things I can't change will lead me where I belong...

I realize it's hard to make out, but the lighthouse
is there - at the very tip of the landmass jutting towards the ocean.

Just like with bridges, I find so much romance in Lighthouses. I admire the duality of their purpose: A warning as well as a beacon signifying the proximity of home.

Today, I found my way out of the haze & I'm starting to finally feel like myself again. There's nothing worse than watching yourself turn into someone you no longer recognize. The strange thing is I'm not quite sure what turned it all around. I just plan on riding this current and hopefully it will lead me back home...

2 comments:

  1. I am loving all your posts. This picture makes me miss Santa Cruz so much. I miss the serenity that just a drive gives you and the awe inspiring scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jaz! I'm glad you're enjoying them so far. I'm really looking forward to growing artistically & personally through this project.

    I hope to read more of your stuff as well!

    ps: Santa Cruz misses you, too...

    ReplyDelete