Wednesday, January 6, 2010

River Street - Main Intersection



JAN 6th 12:21pm - Kodak Color Film, ISO 200, Shutter Speed: 1 second


Boring is not an excuse...


I was stuck in traffic on my way to work for this shot. It dawned on me that (A) it's getting more & more challenging to capture something artistic/thought provoking on a DAILY basis & (B) I really should find another job.


As for (A): I'm hoping that this project will hone some skills that I know I'll need in the very near future. Taking a picture of a sunset & making it look inspiring is relatively easy. I want to get to the point where I can be stuck in a room devoid of anything outwardly stimulating & still create something that offers an interesting perspective.
As for (B): To be continued...

I think the only redeeming thing about this shot is how my knuckles were accidentally included in the frame - totally WARPED!


Lesson: mistakes can be a saving grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment