Saturday, January 16, 2010

Typewriter-Super Macro View


JAN 16th 11:59AM - Kodak Color Film, ISO 200, Shutter Speed: 7 seconds

There is artistry in the antique…

As much as I surround myself with technology, there is something timelessly beautiful about the tools of the past. I haven’t written any letters with this typewriter, but I’m excited to try it out! It works perfectly, and I really enjoy how loud it is. The keys are heavy and it definitely feels like work to use it.
Another thing that I admire about manual devices is the amount of expertise they require. They don’t offer conveniences such as spell check, undo, preview, Photoshop, etc. More often than not you’ve got one chance to get it right, or start from scratch. There’s something about that kind of urgency that builds character. I don’t ever want to get so spoiled by technology that I can’t find my own ass in the dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment