Sunday, January 10, 2010

Old Abandoned Structure - Fair Avenue



JAN 10th 12:46pm - Kodak Color Film, ISO 200, Shutter Speed: 2 seconds


When the big picture is too big, break it down to the basics..
.

I discovered this place on one of my aimless drives. I was immediately attracted to all the textures & oddities of the building. Placed amidst rows of gorgeous beach houses, this structure sticks out almost to the extent of being ugly. But that exact contrast is what makes it so intriguing. I tried to capture the entire thing in one frame, but realized that although I would be providing a complete picture, the details that define its beautiful eccentricities would be missed.

Had this been properly exposed, I think I could've gotten my point across.


It's ok to prefer the grit over the grand...

No comments:

Post a Comment