Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pogonip Park - View of Downtown Santa Cruz



JAN 3rd 5:00pm - Kodak Color Film, ISO
200 , Shutter Speed: 1/2 seconds

Sometimes, you have to step out to get back in...

I really should frequent this hiking trail this year. The scenery is awe inspiring, but in a peaceful & meditative way. Whenever I absorb the view of the city from this vantage point, I feel so much lighter - even if only for a brief moment. But any respite from the current emotional & psychological density I've been drowning in as of late is a welcomed gift.

I desperately need some perspective! I'm hoping this place can be a catalyst for that. I've been holed up in my head for far too long. It's time to join the rest of the world again.

I completely underexposed this photo. A lot of the scenery has been swallowed up by the grain. Maybe I'll try this shot again one day to do the place justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment