Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pearl Alley - Downtown Santa Cruz


JAN 13th 10:01AM - Kodak Color Film, ISO 200, Shutter Speed: 7 seconds

All sorts of memories can lurk around the corner…


The thing about living in a small town like Santa Cruz (I grew up in San Diego - so yes, SC is small to me) is that eventually everything becomes a landmark for your memories. Pearl Alley is one such spot. I’ve held many hands down this path, stumbled through on numerous drunken nights, and even got involved in a fist fight, resulting in a boastful shiner and a bloody lip - you should’ve seen the other guy!


I’m very thankful that when I come upon a corner, the memories that materialize are ones that cause me to smile or laugh hysterically. This place has been a lot of fun, and I can see myself coming back here to settle. Until then, I’ve got a lot more stops to make first…

No comments:

Post a Comment