Friday, January 15, 2010

Self-Portrait in a Puddle


JAN 14th 3:54PM - Kodak Color Film, ISO 200, Shutter Speed: 7 seconds


Not getting it right the first time is the initial step towards perfection…

This is now my second attempt at capturing a self-portrait. Santa Cruz has been drenched in rain for the last few days, so there are puddles everywhere! This one in particular caught my attention because of how black it looked due to the tar pavement; it kind of had a chasm effect. Learning from my previous mistake, I knelt down over the water with my nose almost touching the surface. I can only imagine what that must have looked like!

This is a lot closer to what I had in mind as far as creating an abstract self-portrait. I'm looking forward to experimenting with other surfaces, colors, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment