Saturday, January 2, 2010

Golf Club Drive - Old Train Bridge



JAN 2nd 12:30pm - Kodak Color Film, ISO 200, Shutter Speed: 1/4 seconds


I sense a rift that I'm hoping can be bridged with a bit of time & patience...


I've always had an affinity to bridges. To me, they're more than just a means of getting from one place to another; they represent connection - an architecturally poetic way of bringing people together.


This old train overpass is incredibly quixotic to me! I like how with the gap underneath, it creates a quaint frame for the road that leads ahead. When I look at this picture, I can't help but imagine what a perfect place it would be to have a first kiss. There's so much romantic symbolism to it!


Where once there was a divide, a kiss has sealed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment