Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wente Cabernet Sauvignon



JAN 12th 8:40PM - Kodak Color Film, ISO 200, Shutter Speed: 4 minutes w/a tripod


Wines & friends: The best kinds are the ones you don’t expect to find…

I love how the red tone of the wine completely infused the lighting in this photo!

This was a particularly good evening. There’s nothing more satisfying than making dinner with a friend, especially a new one. There’s a strong sense of mystery with a bit of awkward excitement mixed in: You ask a lot of questions, negotiate boundaries, share personal stories, etc. The part I like best about creating a connection is the feeling of being new to someone. You get the chance to express yourself in a whole different way, and sometimes in the process you discover a layer of yourself that only that specific person could uncover. When this is a mutual exchange, long term friendships are often born. I don’t have these encounters often, but the fact that they are so rare is what makes them even more valuable.

In the past, I’ve always been lucky enough to encounter certain people exactly when I needed them in my life. It’s comforting to know that I haven’t lost that streak.

This is going to be the last post for a while until my current roll is developed. I accidentally bought one with 36 exposures, so it's going to be a loooong wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment